The Hollard Insurance Group (comprising the Hollard Insurance Company and Hollard Life Assurance Company) is South Africa’s largest privately-owned insurance group, established in 1980.
Although we’ve only been around for just over 30 years, the roots of the company go way back into the late 1950s and early 1960s. It was then that an insurance broker, Robert Enthoven, realised that insurance companies were not adequately meeting the needs of their corporate customers. He had an idea to start an insurance company that formed deep and long-term partnerships with corporate customers in a way that allowed them to share in the fruits of improved risk management. Out of this spirit of true partnership the Hollard Insurance Company was born.
Since the early days, Hollard has gone from strength to strength, but we’ve never forgotten our roots – long term, genuine and mutually beneficial partnerships form the core of everything that we do as an insurance group today.
- We’re South Africa’s largest privately-owned insurance group with turnover exceeding R15 billion
- We’re truly independent, having no bank or any institutional shareholders
- We hold both short-term and life insurance licenses, but share infrastructure and capabilities in order to offer seamless and integrated insurance solutions
- We have an impressive track record in innovation for insurance distribution and product development
- We underwrite most classes of insurance business in South Africa, either directly or through our partners
- We currently deliver insurance solutions to more than 6 million policyholders
- We’re a team of 1,000 passionate ‘Hollardites’ in South Africa, with operations all over the world – including Australia, China, India, Botswana, Namibia, Zambia and Mozambique